You didn’t have to read articles about it. It happened naturally when you were dating.
But when you’re married for a long time, not so much.
Before we know it, the romance, passion and excitement go out the window and flirting is reserved for anniversaries, if at all.
But flirting is critical in a marriage, and an easy way to keep the spark and the romance alive, no matter how busy and exhausting your life may be.
A few (or just one) small gestures throughout the day can be gentle reminders of the passionate side in your relationship, and it doesn’t have to be hard work.
Here are 18 cute, naughty and romantic ways to flirt with your husband, in any situation:
18 Easy Ways to Flirt with Your Husband
1. Smack his butt – when he’s walking by, smack his butt and move on. Turn around to see his surprised face, and wink at him playfully.
2. Secret code phrase – a great idea from Sheila Wray Gregoire (To Love Honor and Vacuum):
Want to tell him you think he’s hot? Try a secret code phrase, like “Are we due for an oil change?” No one else will know what you really mean but him, so you can say it in front of the kids, in front of your parents, in front of anybody!
3. Hide and seek – buy a small gift or just write a little love note and hide it in your bra. When he comes home from work tell him that you have a surprise for him somewhere on your body. But be prepared to deliver later… 🙂
4. A flirt note – write a flirty note (like “I’m available and I think you’re cute!”) and have one of your kids give it to him while you’re spending time as a family together.
5. “Forget” your panties – for one evening, go commando. Wear a short skirt and while doing house chores, bend over and see if he notices.
6. The unexpected compliment – compliment him on something unexpected and boost his ego for the rest of the day. Tell him how you feel when he holds your hands, or kisses your cheek.
By the way, the more you compliment him on certain behaviors, the more he’ll repeat them.
7. Touch him – so obvious, yet so effective. Hop on his lap when you’re watching TV. Stroke him thighs under the table during dinner. Seize any opportunity to be physically close.
8. Text him – this is definitely my favorite way to get the flirt on with my husband. Texting is an easy way to get his attention (and keep it!) throughout the day, no matter where he or you are doing.
It appears, shockingly, that you can use texting for more than reminders for kids’ schedules and your fridge’s missing inventory.
Here are a few flirty texts you can use, guaranteed to heat things up in seconds and making him think about you all day:
· Let’s have a naked dinner #nakeddinners
· No kids! No panties! No rules!
· If you were here right now…
Alternatively, you can use texting in romantic or cute ways.
Text him romantic song lyrics, a memory of fun times (last night? J) or a great love quote/compliment. If you’re short in ideas, I have you covered. Here’s my post with 101 romantic text messages for him.
9. Note on the car mirror – sneak out and leave a flirty note on his car rear view mirror saying “I’m jealous of this mirror because it’s looking at you.”
10. Dance in the kitchen – turn on your favorite song in your phone or tablet and dance in the kitchen when he least expects it.
11. Sexy picture – take a sexy (yet subtle) picture of yourself and send it to your husband. You can send it to him even if he’s sitting next to and watching TV for an extra laugh.
Warning: No naked or semi naked pictures. That can go wrong in so many ways. 🙂
12. A pillow fight – a pillow fight is not reserved for children. And it’s a great way to make a move on your husband. Just toss him a few pillows and start swinging. A great fun-before-bed activity.
13. Water gun in the shower – while your hubby’s in the shower, sneak in quietly and squirt him with a water gun. He will probably pull you in there with him.
14. Car flirting – tease him a little when he’s driving (nothing dangerous though). Slide your hand on his thigh, take his hand and put it on your thigh, anything that the kids won’t notice will be fun.
15. Wear red – scientists have shown that guys are instinctively attracted to this color.
16. Peep show at morning rush – in the middle on the morning rush, flash him full on. This unexpected flirt will make him feel like the luckiest man on the planet and keep his mind on you all day.
17. Pick your clothes – before a date night, step out of the shower in your towel and let him pick what you’ll wear – Skirt, shoes, top, panties, lipstick, perfume, everything.
His choices will probably surprise you. A great reminder that you don’t really know everything about each other.
18. Book club – pull out a copy of the Kama Sutra out of your bag and ask him if he is interested in joining your book club.
Flirting shouldn’t be retired once you’ve got the ring. It brings back the spark, the romance and excitement to your marriage and makes both of you feel wanted.
You can easily re-ignite the flame with an ongoing series of sparks like the 18 ideas mentioned above.
You’ll be surprised how these small and simple ideas can make such a huge difference.
Most importantly – have fun.
What about you? What’s your favorite way to flirt with your spouse? Come on, teach me something new 🙂
Rooting for ya,
PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog.