If you really want to save your marriage and your relationship, you know you have to end an affair. It’s not an easy thing to do; most people describe it quitting drugs – The “high” you get from the new found romance in your life I even addictive.
Even after you finally decide to end the affair, it doesn’t guarantee that you will save your relationship. You have to do it the right way and follow the right steps to save your marriage.
The following six rules are critical when you are ending an affair:
1. Make it clear that this permanent and unconditional. Make it clear that you will not contact him or her again. You may have to repeat this a few times.
2. If your lover wants to know why suddenly you want to save your marriage – You don’t have to answer it, or any other questions they have – It will only make it harder to be decisive.
3. If your lover is someone that you will meet again soon (coworker, for example) – Make it clear that you will not respond to them the way they are accustomed to. You will not be able to “stay friends”” – There is no such thing.
4. Do not end an affair face to face. Invite your partner to be beside you, either a phone call, or read a letter or an e-mail to your lover. This will boost your partner’s confidence and trust in you.
5. Remember, your tone should be business-like. There is no need to be cold unnecessarily, but you have to be firm.
6. Close the conversation as quickly as possible – be rude if necessary.
7. Take the first step to saving your marriage – This is a good place to start.
What to Do If Your Lover Doesn’t Accept the Break Up
In some extreme cases, the lover will attempt to keep contacting you by various means. If this happens – You have to take immediate action.
First, you have to show the text message, e-mail or whatever it is – to your partner and don’t respond to them in any way.
Block their number, change your number and email address. Do what ever it takes to end all communication. If you think that your relationship is really ay stake, you should considering quitting your job, changing your regular resaurants and changing your schedule – to avoid contact with your lover.
None of this will be easy. You will likely face quite a lot of emotional difficulty when you end the affair. Nonetheless, it is necessary to face this pain in order to restore your relationship.
Rooting for ya,
PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog.