Do you believe that you have to work hard to improve your marriage?
Did someone convince you that all marriage challenges require hours of counseling and endless talks about your relationship?
Well, that’s not necessarily true.
Working on your marriage doesn’t have to be work at all.
It can be easy, and fun.
Tiny acts of kindness can lead to a huge positive change in your marriage.
In fact, many experts claim that you should stop solving your marriage problems all together (Here’s why).
All relationships need a little pick-me-up sometimes, even the best ones.
All you have to do is to start doing two or three of these quick and easy tips, and you’ll instantly change the dynamics in your marriage.
The tips you’ll find here are:
- Not expensive
- Won’t take more than 5 minutes
Here we go:
31 Easy Ways to Improve Your Marriage by the End of the Day
1. Text your love and appreciation – every man likes to be reminded that he is loved and appreciated.
When he is not at home or around you – sending a short love text message can be the perfect pick me up, a thoughtful surprise and it will keep you on his mind all day.
- “I’m so lucky you’re my best friend”
- “I still fall for you every day”
- “Have I mentioned today how lucky I am to be in love with you?”
- You are hilarious, still laughing about…
- This has been a challenging time, and I appreciate you so much.”
Want more? See 101 short love text messages HERE.
2. When you are together, turn off both your phones and talk to each other while keeping eye contact all the time.
3. Pull your car over and make out more often.
4. Take 2 minutes to think about all of his positive traits. Tell him why you love him.
5. Go on a short (or long) walk and hold hands.
6. Spice up your marriage through texting – you can bring the romance and passion back to your marriage – simply by pushing a few buttons on your cell phone.
You: “When I see you tonight I’m going to…”
You: “Oh, you’ll find out… “
Here are 3 powerful ways to use texting to spice up your marriage (with examples)
7. Take 5 minutes to plan your next date night. Make date nights a priority. Time together alone is vital for your relationship.
Here are 31 fabulous date night ideas to get your started.
8. Give him an honest compliment.
9. Always try to answer the phone when he calls.
10. Praise him in front of the kids. (Here are 10 things every man wants to hear from his wife)
11. When he gets home – greet him at the door, drop everything you’re doing and kiss him.
12. Brag about him to your family or friends and make sure he can hear it.
13. Bring him a drink or a snack when he works at his desk.
14. Keep your flirt on – flirting cannot be saved for anniversaries. It’s an easy way to keep the spark in your marriage and the romance alive.
- Smack his butt – when he’s walking by.
- A flirt note – write a flirty note (like “I’m available and I think you’re cute!”) and have one of your kids give it to him while you’re spending time as a family together.
Here are 18 cute and easy ways to flirt with your husband.
15. Wear something you know he loves.
16. Ask his advice on something and then follow it.
17. Remind him of a funny moment from your past. Laughter reminiscence packs an additional punch because you relive the moment by laughing again.
18. Notice his effort about something and acknowledge it. Sincerely thank him for it.
- “Thank you for fixing…even though it’s so hot outside”
- “Thank you for playing with the kids, even though you’re tired from work”.
19. Go to bed together.
20. Turn on some catchy music while you’re cooking and start dancing together.
21. Have sex in a different place. Try having sex in a room or area you’ve never done it in.
22. Start a pillow fight.
23. Read a chapter from a marriage/relationship book together, and talk about it. It’s a cheap and easy way to start intimate conversations.
24. Nurture your spiritual connection by starting the day with a prayer together.
25. Take 5 minutes to solve your financial issues. One baby step at a time.
26. Next time you’re in bed pull the covers over your head and have a whispered conversation
27. Think of one weird or quirky thing he does that you love and tell him about it.
28. Next time you’re at the corner store, pick up his favorite candy or gum.
29. Invite his best friend to dinner.
30. Next time you wake up before him, turn off the alarm clock and wake him by yourself – by kissing his forehead.
31. Give him a surprise quick shoulder massage.
Improving your marriage does not have to involve hard work, couples therapy and endless talks about “us”.
The butterfly effect, when small causes can have large effects – can work in any marriage – including yours.
Just try a few of these quick ways to strengthen your bond, reignite the spark and revive the romance every other day – and you’ll be amazed by the results.
I’m sure I’ve left out a few more great ideas, I’d love for you to contribute and let us know about more tips I haven’t thought about, in the comments below.
Rooting for ya,
PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog.